World-known for its surreal Unkai in summer, Tomamu Resort is transformed into a beautiful ski resort in winter.
Its ski area covers 2 mountains and has a large selection of trails to choose from. The resort has excellent amenities and facilities for hotel guests and skiers alike, making it an attractive destination for a multi-day ski holiday for the young and old.
Located in central Hokkaido, about 90 min by train south of Sapporo. It is easily accessible with multiple bus companies providing transfer services fro/to the airport.
- Ski trails are wide and immaculately groomed – excellent for beginners
- There are expert runs, a well maintained terrain park, and tree skiing within resort boundaries (not commonly found in Japanese ski resorts)
- Comfortable high-speed hooded quad lift to protect skiers against the chilly wind
- Family-friendly ski-in/ski-out resort
- A large kid’s snow park to entertain smaller children with ski lessons and other fun activities
- A large indoor wave pool, modern hot spring (onsen) facilities, spa and massage services and restaurants
- Ski lessons, with English-speaking instructors, are available for beginners
Then there’s the illuminated Ice Village, that offers many fun activities such as outdoor ice skating ring, a snow slide. Even features restaurant and ice bar, a wedding chapel and a workshop run in conjunction with Hokkaido University where kids and adults can learn about snow and ice.
Do you want a full-on ski trip? Or do you want to combine a ski holiday with some sightseeings around Japan? As a holiday tailor, Uniq Luxe can personalise your itinerary and organise your entire trip the way you like it.