Famous for its lavender field in the Summer, Furano offers high quality powder snow in winter. Furano’s weather is generally more pleasant than other areas such as Sapporo or Niseko due to its inland, central location.
Renowned for long powdery groomed runs and fast lifts, you’ll be sure to pack in as much action as you want everyday.
- Located in Central Hokkaido, about 90min from Sapporo
- Ski-in/out hotels available
- More accommodations at downtown Furano, with authentic Japanese cuisine local restaurants and bars
- Family friendly
- Kids 12 and under ski for free
- The Furano Ropeway, one of the resort’s gondolas with panoramas over the valley, stays open all year.
- Other non-ski activities include snowmobiling, Japanese smelt fishing, hot air balloons, snow rafting, and more